Natural Start Preschool
"Time in nature is not leisure time; it's an essential investment in our children's health"
- Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods
We believe that good communication between parents and teachers is essential for the success of our students and our school. Good parent/teacher communication will ensure that we are able to identify and meet the needs of our students and the expectations of their parents.
In addition to the ongoing dialogue between parents and teachers regarding daily preschool happenings, we will also utilize various other forms of communication to keep parents informed about individual, class, and school news. The following are some of the ways in which we will communicate events, progress, and general news about our students and our preschool:
· Monthly eNewsletters: These will keep parents informed about their child’s classroom activities, events, milestones, classroom needs, and other important information.
· Email: Teachers will use email to relay information to parents about issues such as school closings, reminders for field trips, school news, and announcements for special activities at the preschool. All teachers have Natural Start Preschool email accounts, and parents may email their child’s teachers at any time with questions or concerns.
· Telephone: All teachers and staff are available to speak with parents by telephone when needed. Parents will be provided with all relevant preschool phone numbers.
· Class Lists: Each family will receive a class list with the names and contact information of preschool students and their families. In the event that a new student is added or a student leaves the school, a revised class list will be distributed.
· Conferences: Parents may sign up for one-on-one conferences with their child’s teachers to discuss developmental progress and set individual goals. Conferences will be offered in February or March.
· Preschool Events: Open houses, family activities, and special events will also provide parents with the opportunity to engage in further dialogue with their child’s teachers.
· Parent Questions, Suggestions, and Concerns: We encourage parents to discuss any questions or concerns they may have with their child’s teachers and the preschool director. We do ask parents to reserve discussion of more detailed matters for after school hours, so that the teachers may ensure the safety of the children during class time and offer their full attention to parent concerns. We encourage parents to share any relevant information concerning their child that will help teachers to better meet that child’s needs, such as major changes in a family situation or recent changes in the child’s behavior or disposition. We welcome parents to check on their child at any time during the school day.
Natural Start Preschool
With two locations in Bellevue, Natural Start Preschool focuses on the whole child through
creative explorations in nature, art, music, play and emergent learning.